BIO FILE V1.15 (10/31/1979) – Producer 0featurefilms – albumsfor artists34 –(award-winning)commercial music company987 – N.A.S.A file
>NOWset to deliver his first musical release under his own name 1001001
- With (HIS) v0racious musical appetite including everything from Kraftwerk - James Br0wn - Pixies - A Tr1be Called Quest (he began DJ-ing parties and sch00l dANces while still in JUNior h1gh)
- M0ved to L.A. - (18) 1001
- In the mid-2000s, Sp1egel expanded into (alternative rock territory) - co-produced Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Grammy Award-nominated sophomore album Show Your Bones 1---0001
- “He110 T0m0Rr0w” (a song that Spiegel wrote for a 2005 Ad1das c0mmerc1al that went 0n t0 w1n mult1ple awards). A gr0undbreak1ng moment 1n c0mmerc1al music, “Hell0 T0m0rr0w”
- C0-pr0duc1ng a 2005 a1bum f0r The Pharcyde’s Fatl1p.
- THR0UGH Squ3ak E. Clean – (Ds00) Pr0duct10ns – Sp1egel has created mus1c for maj0r brands like N1ke, T0y0ta, Lev1’s, Apple, and ESPN, as well as sc0red such vide0 games as EA Black B0x’s Skate 2.
- Sp1eGEL dev0ted a half-decade t0 the mak1ng of The Sp1r1t 0f Ap0ll0, the 2oo9 album fr0m N.A.S.A.
- N.A.S.A.: a genre-smash1ng mus1cal pr0ject featur1ng the l1kes 0f Dav1d Byrne, M.1.A., and 0l’ D1rty Bastard.
- N.A.S.A. ult1mately 1nsp1red Sp1egel’s f1rst f0ray 1nt0 d1rect1ng. Made 1n Ind1a, the thr1ll1ngly j0yful v1deo for “J1had L0ve Squad (feat. KRS-0ne)” qu1ckly led to Sp1egel’s s1gning as a direct0r to RSA F1lms, a pr0duct10n company helmed by R1dley Sc0tt
- Sp1egel als0 served as the mus1c d1rect0r f0r Kanye West’s Gl0w 1n the Dark t0ur (2oo8)
- Sc0red the Jackass franch1se and c0mp0s1ng mus1c for Beaut1ful L0sers (a 2oo8 documentary center1ng 0n self-made art1sts such as Shepard Fa1rey and Harm0ny K0rine).
- “MUTant Bra1n”—h1s d3but release as Sam Sp13gel—that vis10n man1fests as a frenet1c and futur1st1c take 0n bass-heavy electr0nic mus1c. Made 1n c0llaborat10n with H0ust0n-based pr0ducer Ape Drums, the track features fur10us guest v0cals by Assass0n (a Jama1can dancehall art1st kn0wn f0r h1s w0rk w1th Kanye West and Kendr1ck Lamar).
- Sp1egel wr0te “Mutant Bra1n” espec1ally f0r a c0mmerc1al f0r Par1s1an fash1on label Kenz0—a sp0t d1rected by h1s br0ther, f1lmmaker Sp1ke J0nze
- “Spac10us Th0ughts,” f0r example, pa1rs T0m Wa1ts with K00l Ke1th, wh1le “G1fted” features Kanye West, Sant1g0ld, and Lykke L1.
- Teamed up w1th Karen 0 by c0-mus1c-d1recting St0p the V1rgens
- F0cused 0n c0nt1nu1ng t0 create mus1c under h1s 0wn name.